Hi, are you looking for Manager, Patient Access jobs in State College, PA 16803 ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Mount Nittany Health
Location : State College, PA 16803
Position : Manager, Patient Access
Why Mount Nittany Health?:
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Manager assumes responsibility to manage day to day operations of the unit/department to provide high quality and safe patient care in a safe practice environment. The manager directs and develops staff; collaborates with multidisciplinary professionals; and provides service excellence.
The Manager assists the Director with
Long-term strategic planning for the workforce;
Establishing and implementing standards for practice and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for staff in their area of responsibility;
The ongoing support and cultivation of a culture of shared decision making;
Budgeting and planning.
Directly supervises the operations and staff: The Patient Access Manager oversees all Medical Center and Physician Group patient scheduling and registration services. Directs inpatient/outpatient admission, registration and scheduling policies and practices. Reviews admission, registration and scheduling operations to ensure compliance with applicable standards. Works with medical, nursing and patient accounting staff to ensure appropriate patient placement guidelines are followed. Ensures staff is courteous to patients and receive continual education/feedback on practices/procedures to accurately register patients in all areas of the Medical Center. The outcomes of safe, cost-effective patient care and customer satisfaction are given upper most importance in delivery of services. Services and performance are driven by law, external and internal governing standards, policies and procedures. The Patient Access Manager is accountable for results and manages the department activities and personnel ensuring the department operates effectively and efficiently on a 24-hour basis.
1) Bachelor’s degree preferred. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Master’s Degree preferred
1) Five years previous healthcare related or public contact and customer service experience required.
2) Experience with registration, phone operators, information desk and health insurance functions.
3) Three years leadership experience.
4) Meditech System experience is preferred.
5) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required.
6) Statistical reporting experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
2) Demonstrated ability to work under stressful situations.
3) Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4) Effectively functions as a liaison among staff, physicians, medical center administration, and ancillary departments.
5) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment, and a professional attitude constantly.
6) Consistently demonstrates maturity for accountability of job performance.
7) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
8) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
1) HFMA CHFP or equivalent Revenue Cycle Certifications preferred.
Receives minimal supervision from the Director. Performs all duties in an independent manner with little or no need for direct supervision.
Supervises the patient access leadership team and staff.
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error