Hi, are you looking for FT – Director of Community Engagement jobs in Wilmington, DE 19801 ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : The Grand Opera House/The Playhouse on Rodney Square
Location : Wilmington, DE 19801
Position : FT – Director of Community Engagement
The Director of Community Engagement creates a variety of engaging on-site opportunities that welcome each and every community member to experience The Grand and its programs. The Director further makes instrumental connections outside our buildings for cultural enrichment and education. This position contributes to The Grand’s mission and vision for diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility with a commitment to increase awareness, broaden public participation, and deepen support.
The Director supervises two staff: Community Events Manager and Education Manager, providing guidance and support to strengthen and expand our CE work and impact. This position has responsibility (either direct or oversight) for educational and youth/family programming, community events and partnerships, artist engagement, residencies, and showcases. The Director services, strengthens, and evaluates existing programs, and also develops new opportunities in response to community needs. In addition, this role will develop and manage several Grand community-facing efforts, including student internships and on-site learning, and engage the Grand Trustees in volunteer opportunities.
The Community Engagement department works collaboratively with all Grand team members to maintain a positive work environment and create meaningful experiences for participants and guests. This position requires skill sets in programming and program development, budget development and tracking, relationship management, contract administration, event planning and logistics, ticketing and reservations, marketing, evaluations and assessments, funding opportunities and reports.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about working in a creative and fast-paced environment. They will demonstrate a passion for the arts and arts education, with the capacity to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders, to communicate and engage effectively with diverse populations, and to practice strong interpersonal skills including listening, patience, and empathy. They must be able to prioritize tasks, follow consistent routines, and possess the following proficiencies:
· Entrepreneurial and creative thinking and initiative
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport, relate well to people, and be appreciative of diverse perspectives
· Exceptional ability to understand and respond to community/artist needs and expectations
· Ability to work well both within a team environment and independently
· Highly effective and persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
· Excellent organizational and presentation skills, including accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially under pressure
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict deadlines
· Commitment to the organization’s initiatives regarding equity, diversity, and inclusion
· Availability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and occasional holidays
To apply please submit resume, and cover letter to Teresa Crawford, HR Manager. Please, no phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
Health savings account
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error