Hi, are you looking for Director of Nursing jobs in Georgetown, DE 19947 ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Harrison Senior Living
Location : Georgetown, DE 19947
Position : Director of Nursing
“Looking for a career with a purpose? Join our family!”
Harrison Senior Living has been awarded the “GREAT PLACE TO WORK!” through the Activated Insights® Survey Group. 74% of our employees say this is a great place to work!
At Harrison Senior Living we are dedicated to providing our residents with the very best in independent senior care and assisted living so their families can have peace of mind. Our home-like atmospheres offer a comfortable environment with the security of knowing that exceptional care is being given at all times.
Harrison House of Georgetown is a 139-bed skilled nursing facility located in the heart of Sussex County in Georgetown, Delaware. Family owned and operated, we take extra pride and care in the services delivered to our residents. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued.
Covid vaccination required.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
The responsibilities below are a summary of the requirements for this position and do not reflect all necessary tasks for the position.
· Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing services department in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
· Directs, oversees, and evaluates all nursing personnel.
· Develop, maintain, a periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing services department.
· Participate in developing, maintaining, and periodically updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials, manuals, objections, and philosophies.
· Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Administrator, as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
· Ensure that the nursing services manuals are always current and reflect the day-to-day operations and procedures at the facility.
· Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
· Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government agencies and subsequent corrections to identified areas.
· Participate in QAPI establish objectives and goals and to develop and implement appropriate performance improvement plans.
· Oversee Infection Control and Staff Education.
· Direct the staffing needs of the community to include oversight of the Scheduler, recruitment and retention.
· Evaluate staff performance and document timely.
· Provide the Administrator with information relative to the nursing needs of the resident and the nursing service department’s ability to meet those needs.
· Make rounds with physicians, as necessary. Schedule physician visits, as necessary.
· Schedule daily rounds to observe residents and to determine if nursing needs are being met in accordance with the resident’s request.
· Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
· Collaborate with other professionals, including physicians and the Medical Director.
· Manage and control departmental budget.
· Leads and coordinates the admission and discharge process to ensure a seamless transition.
· Oversees the Grievance process to ensure that concerns are resolved with a mutually agreeable outcome.
Education and Qualifications:
· A degree in Nursing from an accredited school required.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Delaware.
· Baccalaureate degree preferred.
· Must have, as a minimum, 3 years of experience as a DON in a long-term care facility.
· Computer knowledge preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Georgetown, DE 19947: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Director of Nursing: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error