Hi, are you looking for Adjunct RAD Instructor jobs in Wilmington, DE 19801 ?
we got a perfect job opening for you !
Company name : Delaware Technical Community College
Location : Wilmington, DE 19801
Position : Adjunct RAD Instructor
Adjunct RAD Instructor
George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Contact Phone Number
Contact Email Address
George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Position Specific Details
Incumbent will instruct in below courses:
Position Pay Grade
Salary Plan C
An incumbent is responsible for implementing curricula, instructing assigned courses consistent with syllabi, and evaluating student learning, and fostering student success.
Nature and Scope
An incumbent in this class typically reports to the Dean of Instruction through and Instructional Director, Department Chairperson or Program Coordinator. An incumbent is expected to plan, organize, and instruct in a manner to promote and direct successful student learning in keeping with the College’s values and goals.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities as determined by the supervisor:
1. Plan, organizes, and instructs courses as assigned by the Department Chairperson/supervisor, utilizing effective and engaging instructional strategies, the learning management system (LMS), appropriate communication, classroom management, leadership skills, and instructional/educational technology to promote student success.
2. Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students’ diverse academic needs.
3. Follows the prescribed course outline and uses texts selected by the department plus other supplemental material the Department Chairperson deems appropriate.
4. Provides instruction according to the class meeting schedule and instructional hours established for the session (length of the course during the semester) and delivery method (face-to-face, hybrid, web-enhanced, or online). Notifies the Department Chairperson of the necessity of cancelling any class meeting prior to the class or in emergencies as soon thereafter as possible.
5. Assists students toward the successful completion of course(s) that the instructor is teaching by providing outreach, guidance, and timely feedback.
6. Makes oneself accessible and available to answer students’ questions in a timely manner.
7. Adheres to College policies and procedures relating to employment, academic matters, student behavior, and the Academic Calendar. Maintains adequate and timely student records (e.g. grades are posted in the LMS in a timely fashion). Evaluates and reports students’ progress and attendance in a timely manner.
8. Encourages students’ completion of the course evaluation form, reviews course evaluation summaries and develops a plan for improvement, as appropriate.
9. Attends and participates in various College meetings for the purpose of orientation, professional development or other departmental or operational activity as assigned.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of sound instructional techniques and methods. Knowledge of relevant subject matter in the incumbent’s discipline/department. Knowledge of computers and instructional methodology. Knowledge of theoretical foundations of learning and instruction as applied to the face-to-face, hybrid, and distance learning environments. Knowledge and understanding of competency-based learning. Ability to use teaching strategies that will promote successful learning by addressing different learning styles and strategies. Ability to use assessment to enhance learning. Ability to understand, evaluate, and make appropriate use of instructional technology. Ability to form an inclusive environment that respects diverse talents and ways of learning. Ability to understand and maintain a commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to relate to and communicate effectively with a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Applicant Instructions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Second Letter of Reference
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
First Letter of Reference
Disclaimer : all data is sourced from indeed and we are not responsible for any error